Monday, October 1, 2007

The Weekend

This weekend was a good one - we were busy and a lot was accomplished.

Friday night we went for Chinese food - at the request of my son - who loves Orange Chicken. We decided to give China Dynasty another try. In the past they have been wonderful but our last time was a bad experience.... I won't go into details. We were pleasantly surprised and happy that our old favorite had worked it's way back to our favorite Chinese food.

We shared Orange Chicken, Hot and Spicy Chicken and Kung Pao Chicken. Yum! It was very tasty. I love Chinese food!!!

China Dynasty is right next to Toys R Us - and "buddy" had money burning a hole in his pocket from last weeks goal (my sister rewarded him on his goal with $10). So off to Toys R Us it was. After looking and looking and looking he came home with yet another set of Pokemon cards. No clue how many he now has but he was excited to have some new ones.


Saturday was an early morning soccer game. We were a bit worried that the boys would not be awake and not have as good as game as last week. But they did awesome!! Another win for the Green Extreme - and another goal for "buddy"!!!! To him that $10 more dollars - cha ching!!

After his game was a lot of running around and a lot of errands. Took "buddy" for a MANicure - his poor cuticles were awful. I felt like a bad mommy for letting them get so bad. After the "no way will I go in there" - he told me that he was happy he went and that his fingers felt better. Good mommy!

I took my car into my trusty Firestone to have my tires rotated and my back brakes looked at. Fingers crossed that they were ok. Yippee for a clean bill of health on my car!

Target run! Oh how I love Target! Again, the $10 was burning a hole is buddy's pocket so he spent quite a bit of time in the Lego aisle and came home with this - which he built all by himself! He amazes me!Saturday was also our three Monthiversary - I can't believe how quickly time has flown by. It amazes me that we have already been married for 3 months or 90 days or quarter of a year.
Sunday was another busy day. I hate when the weekend is over but I love when I feel like I was productive and was able to get a lot done. Grocery shopping was my top priority - tip - don't go shopping when you are hungry or you will come home with:

I forgot how much I love Ding Dongs! Yum!

I also made a trip to Bath and Body Works - I had to - I had a coupon for a free plug in! I love Sandlewood Vanilla!!! I managed to find refills that I thought were discontinued. and a trial for a new lotion that comes out this month! Velvet Tuberose - very pretty!!!My last stop with Bed, Bath and Beyond. For our wedding we got a gift certificate and I still had money to burn (like mom, like son) so I picked up a few little items - nothing too exciting but I couldn't pass up this little guy - now hopefully J won't mistake my veggie scrubber for a pot scrubber....Daughter was off and about in her little truck. What a difference it makes. I love it but I still miss her calling me to pick her up.


Yay for great weekends.

No comments: