Monday, September 24, 2007

What a GREAT Weekend!

Friday

The weekend got an early start on Friday. I took the day off so I could take my daughter to get her license. She was able to get her last "behind the wheel" in with her drivers instructor who took her to Santa Paula where she was going to test at 2:00. She got a good idea where everything was and what she could expect during her test. Before her test we went for sushi at Yomama Sushi. California Roll and Spicy Tuna Roll. It was the first time either of us had been there. Definitely not as good as Sumo Sushi or Ozeki but it was still good. Then it was time for her test. We got to Santa Paula a little early to go through the "course" one more time. She did fine. She was so nervous. The Santa Paula DMV is unlike the other DMVs. It's bright, people are nice and helpful - they actually act like they like their jobs.The instructor seemed to be a nice man. A few minutes going over the basics and then they were off to continue the test. Yay! She passed. She has not stopped smiling. She was thrilled beyond belief. Next stop Ventura Toyota. Her dad and I agreed to get her a new truck. Again, she has not stopped smiling and looking at her new truck. She got to witness first hand car buying negotiations and re-negotiations. Quite an experience but a definite good one. It has definitely been different. For so many years I've heard "Mom, can you pick me up?, Mom, can you take me here?"..... So to have her say "Mom, I'm going here". Period. Was very odd all weekend. But nice at the same time. It's a good thing we have free text messages - when you get there - text me, when you leave - text me.

**Angels - lost - needed ONE win to clinch the AL West Division title**


Saturday

Another good day. "Buddy" made his first goal this weekend. AND the Green Extreme had their 2nd win!! Woo Hoo!!! What a great game. The boys were passing, aggressive, defensive, taking shots, etc. Everything a good soccer team should do. Very Exciting!!!! Buddy was so happy and proud of his goal.

**Angels - lost - needed ONE win to clinch the AL West Division title**


Sunday


What a great way to end a great weekend. My wonderful husband got us tickets for the final game of the regular season for the Angels. This was the game they HAD to win in order to clinch the title of AL West Division Champs!!! J kept telling me all weekend - they will win on Sunday. I thought so too but yikes! My sister, J, "Buddy" and I got to the game early. Foam finger, thunder sticks and of course the Rally Monkey, in tow.





We arrived early to the game so we could soak in all the wonderful atmosphere at the stadium. The weather was great - it had been raining the day before. We were all so excited to see the Angels clinch the West at home. The game started out exactly as we had hoped. With a home run! And we never looked back! The Mariners tried to threaten but they never really had a chance. The Angels won!!! Winning the AL West Division Champions title. It was an awesome day, great game, perfect way to end the season. Now on to playoffs!!!!! Of course I got a new hat (to add to my collection).

No comments: