Friday, May 30, 2008
Thursday, May 29, 2008
- Walking everyday and still enjoying it. I didn't walk on Saturday and was a complete blob all day. I felt terrible. Not sure if I did I not walk because I was lethargic or was lethargic because I didn't walk. Determined it was the latter so I got up early Sunday and did my incline walk. I was a little crampy during the walk but I did feel better. Monday I did the walk again and had no problems.
- Have fallen in love with our friends M&K. I've known M since he and I were in high school and our boys have gone to school together since Kindergarten but didn't really get to know each other until our boys were on the same baseball team. I've always adored K but have come to really cherish her and our friendship. We have so much in common namely our love for our kids. I've actually found someone who dotes, oohs and ahhs over their child the way I do Buddy. Weee! The men definitely have a BROmance going on. They love coaching baseball together, the Lakers, cars, their boys, their wives, etc. It's truly a beautiful relationship.
- Over the weekend we met our wonderful friends at the Ventura Harbor for dinner and a little fun at the arcade. The boys had a great time!And so did the big boys... total bromance....
- The garden is coming along quite nicely.
I haven't been down to look but word has it that these little flowers have turned into little baby tomatoes... So excited!!!
- Gas is out of control!!! I snapped these picture 6 days apart. $.12 cents in 6 days?? Crazy! These prices look so much better than
Not because of the actual cost but the pricing structure. I love patterns and love math and things that make sense. I drives me crazy when the prices do not go up in even incriments. That does not make any sense! Does this bug anyone else?
- Sister got one of these.....So jealous but so happy for her. She's worked in the film industry for over 15 years and until recently she's been happy or content with her job. She's worked on several films and television shows but I've seen her become less and less happy with her work situation. She was commuting everyday from Ventura to LA. It was taking a toll on her and her health. So she has decided to take a break from all that craziness and go back to school. More specifically, photography classes. For as long as I could remember, she's always had a camera in her hand taking pictures of everything. So I suggested that she do something she loves, get involved in the photography community. And she took her big sister's advice. I am so living vicariously through her! I'm excited for her. I see the spark in her eyes again, it has been a long time since she was happy.
- Saw Indiana Jones over the weekend. My advice.... save your money and wait for it to come out on DVD. I don't want to give away any secrets but rid-i-cu-lous is all I have to say about that.
- Work e-mail has been down since Monday. It has been the BIGGEST hassle not having e-mail. We can send out but cannot receive. As of 4:04pm we just started receiving mail. I can only imagine what my in-box will look like tomorrow.
- Buddy's baseball season is almost over. I'm so sad to see it end. I love being at the baseball field. We have 2 more games to go. I will miss cheering at the games with these ladies.
- A girl I went to school with is a teacher at the "new" school we are looking at. Not only is she a teacher there - she is a 4th grade teacher. Meaning Buddy would have her has his teacher next year if we decide to move him there. We have a meeting set up to go and visit with her and the school on Monday. This should be a big deciding factor.
- We have decided to down grade J's Silverado truck and upgrade my SUV. I like that idea. We'll be on the hunt for a new car this weekend. Trailblazer is the front runner at this moment.
Tomorrow is Friday and I'm thrilled. WEEE!!! Happy Friday!
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Friday - we bbq'd and watched the Lakers win!! Woo Hoo! Now they just have to do the same thing tonight. GO LAKERS!
Saturday - I got up early and did my incline walk up the hills. I love that walk. It's tough but a great workout and I have a beautiful view of Ventura once I reach the top.I had received an e-mail that Victoria Secret's Annual Sale was going on so my sister and I went to check it out. I love VS sales.
Sadly, the sale was on-line only. So my gift certificate will have to wait until next month....
Buddy had a game that evening so I piddled (my dad's word) around the house until game time. He did great and we won! We went to dinner with a few of our friends after the game.
Buddy had been wanting to see "The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian". I had yet to see The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe so I thought I'd be lost if I didn't see the first one. Saturday night after dinner we had popcorn and put the DVD in. It was a good movie. I admit I fell asleep during parts but got the jist of it.
Sunday - we visited a new church. It's a newer church and smaller than I am used to but I really liked it. I've been wanting to get Buddy more involved in kid's activities at a church - especially if we move him to a public school. Our friends are heavily active in this church so we thought we'd give it a try. All three of us liked it and are going back this Sunday.
After church we picked up the pottery the kids made on Mother's Day. They turned out great! I need to take a picture of Buddy's claw thingy but Daughter's pasta bowl turned out great! I love it!
The picture really doesn't do it justice but it's beautiful.
Our house was blazing hot on Sunday so we decided to find refuge in the movie theater and saw "The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian". It was really good. I'm so happy I saw the first one otherwise I would have been completely lost.
On the way home we stopped by the prospective school. He's too cute... his interest was peaked when I mentioned they had hot lunch every day and on Tues/Thurs they had a salad bar. It's definitely up for discussion and not out of the question. This morning Buddy told me he'd like to visit and see how the classes and teachers are. So we'll see.
In sad news.... Roomba stopped working.... he has to go back to Santa's workshop to be fixed...
Duncan does not miss him. But I do.
**Random question - what the heck is up with Shutterfly's links??????**
**Random excitement - I love that I can change my weemee's outfit to match what I'm wearing today. Duncan is not with my in my purse but I can pretend**
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Friday, May 16, 2008
We don't have too much planned with is fine and dandy with me. This week seems to have been really busy so I welcome an uneventful weekend.
I've been doing so well on my walking routine I've surprised myself. Monday will be starting 4 weeks of continual walking. Who would have ever thought that I'd say I enjoy exercise?? Not me, that's for sure! But it's true, I do. So I plan on walking in the morning both Saturday and Sunday. Who is this talking?
Tonight we are going to bbq tri-tip and watch the Laker game. Go Lakers!!!
Buddy has a baseball game tomorrow night. I love watching him play. I am his biggest fan : )
I really want to talk to him this weekend about the possibility of moving schools. Before I do this, I think I need to set the stage and take him over so we can "check out his friends new school". And then I'll see what kind of vibe I get.
Sunday I get to pick up our ceramics the kids painted on Mother's Day. Can't wait.
Other than that, I don't have too many plans. Well, the normal coupon cutting, grocery shopping, cleaning and laundry.
Have a great weekend everyone!!!
Thursday, May 15, 2008
Our district is fairly small with 4 middle schools and 3 high schools. As far as the elementary schools, the school I'm thinking of putting him has one of the highest scores.
We are still thinking and praying about where we will put him. Thank you again!
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
A California Distinguished School
Prepare him for future public schools (middle school/high school)
Cafeteria (right now he has to eat lunch on the black top)
After school program
Not year round (do not have to worry about the extra weeks he is out of school)
He can make friends anywhere
The school has a great reputation
Will be moving with two of his best friends
Same school schedule as Daughter
Playground and Grass (there is no grass for the kids to run around on at his current school)
Will be able to save more for his college (tuition is around $5,000/year)
Leaving the Christian school environment
Leaving many friends
Leaving a controlled environment
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Love this boy so much!
My mom's pride and joy
Me and mom
After eating, Daughter, Buddy and I were trying to decide what to do the rest of the day. Daughter was kind of in the mood for a movie but the only two that were suitable for the whole family were Speed Racer and Iron Man. Buddy and I had already seen them which are both very good and we didn't mind seeing either one of them again. We couldn't all decide on a movie so Daughter had the great idea of going to Fire Fly. It's a fun little place where you can paint your own pottery. Great idea!
And the final products before they are glazed and go into the kiln...
We were there for a couple hours and will be able to pick up the pieces on Sunday. I can't wait. They always look so different when they have been all glazed and fired.
After our painting expedition we went home to BBQ.
It was such an awesome day. I loved spending time with my babies. I'm such a lucky mom.
Why are we all three looking at different things???
Saturday, May 10, 2008
One of my most favorite Mother's Day was 4 years ago. I was given tickets to an Angel game. My first time ever to the "Big A".
Parents don't let your children do this - it is not allowed. oops.. But how cute does he look???
As I had mentioned, this was our first time at the stadium or watch an Angel game. We had no idea how truly awesome it was to have Vladdy catch a ball literally over my head. No clue who he was at that time... silly clueless Missy.
To be honest, I can't remember if they won or not. I just know that this was one of my most favorite Mother's Day and the day I became an Angel fan.
My sister and Daughter
It was a beautiful day