Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I Cried....

Today was a sad day if you are a Days of our Lives fan.

Days of our Lives has been part of my life since I was a little girl. I was brought up in a house where my mom watched "Day's" daily. I remember when I was 8 my mom excitedly said "Get dressed!!! We are going to a wedding!!!" I was completely shocked but excited too. Turned out to be the wedding of Doug and Julie - on Days of our Lives. What the heck mom?

What happened today? John Black died - aka the actor Donald Drake Hogestyn is leaving the show after many many years (since 1985).

During those years he had many "occupations"
Works for the ISA, Owns Basic Black, Owns half of Alamain Industries, Manages the Toscano Foundation, Titan Publishing Board Member, Bella Magazine Board Member, Horton Center Co-Chairperson, Salem University Board Member, Salem Police Department Investigator, Mercenary , Army Doctor , Art Smuggler and Priest (fake)

So it was a very sad day today as John Black died with his family surrounding him - his daughter Belle had me in tears - yes tears. Marlena the great love of his life was by his side as the heart monitor flat lined (original I know)


What is it about day time soaps that keeps us watching? The story lines are usually the same but with different actors, they are so predictable, they make us crazy! But I still watch daily.

So, today was a sad day in Salem. I cried as John took his last breath....

1 comment:

Nanette said...

I watched it off and on through college. Wow! Can't believe they killed him off! I guess he can't work forever. It probably was time to retire.