Friday, October 5, 2007

Friday Update

Just a quick update while it's fresh on my mind or lips.... I finally was able to see what all the fuss is over Leda's Bakeshop. I met my D at T.G.I Fridays (we met there instead of Johnny Rockets). Oh my gosh - they did not disappoint. When we first arrived D opened the box so I could smell the icing. We looked like we were hovering over a box of gold. We both had our "lite" lunches and then we were ready to experience Leda's.

D is wonderful - she had gone the day before (actually she tried last week but it was a Friday at lunch and there was no where to park) so back she went yesterday.

She got two of each -

*Velvet (All the delicious red velvet taste without the artificial coloring. Topped with a rich cream cheese frosting)

*Passionfruit (Vanilla cupcake with passionfruit curd and passionfruit buttercream)

* Strawberry (Vanilla cupcake with strawberry cream filling and strawberry buttercream)

*Lemon (Vanilla cupcake with lemon curd and lemon buttercream)

And an unknown. She couldn't remember which it was. Will be fun to find out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So we divided them up and both chose the Velvet as the one we first wanted to try. It was awesome. The cake was so light, so tasty. The icing was good - a little sweet for me - but the cupcake itself was everything I had thought it would be. I wish we would have ordered a big glass of milk before we started eating. But it was still good. We both wanted to try and mini - again we chose the same - this time the strawberry. The icing for this cupcake was light and fluffy with a little tinge of strawberry. I was so full I couldn't finish. I now have a box of these little yummies in my fridge here at work. I have an eye on it so no one can try to make off with them. I can't wait to share with the family.

No comments: