Monday, October 29, 2007

Weekend Update

The weekend was a good one - a few activities + a lot of rest = happy Missy. I was still recovering from this stupid cough/cold and the lack of anything to do was great! Saturday morning was of course soccer. The Green Extreme was able to add another Win to it's total and Buddy was able to add another goal to his. It was an exciting game!

After the game we went to my friend D's for little D's birthday. She's turning 7 - unbelievable. I was blessed to be in the room with she was born and now I can't believe she's already 7. She is a cutie and quite the performer. It was a great birthday party complete with a magician and cupcakes from Leda's Yum!!!!! I was in heaven with the Velvet cupcake.
Earlier Buddy picked out little D's gift - a webkinz. If you have children, I'm sure you know what these are. They are adorable stuffed animals that Webkinz come with a unique Secret Code. With it, you enter Webkinz World where you care for your virtual pet, answer trivia, earn KinzCash, and play the best kids games on the net! I thought they were so cute I let Buddy get one also. He played for hours on the computer taking care of his black lab "Jackson".
Sunday morning I had the craving for a big omelet. I had found this recipe during the week and was dying to try to make it. It was awesome!!!!
The rest of the day was spent doing chores around the house. J and I were able to actually have an impromptu dinner together - just the two of us at a new place in Ventura Harbor Village - Brophy Bros. Restaurant & Clam Bar. They are known for their fish & chips and clam chowder. It was delicious!!!
Our view from the bar
That was the weekend. Not too much but just enough!!!

No comments: