Friday, October 26, 2007

A New Day - A New Blog

Yesterday I finally did something I've been wanting to do for some time now - I created a food/recipe/cooking blog. I love cooking, finding new recipes and of course eating.
.
I don't know how easy it is going to be to keep two blogs going but I really want to try. I have never been one to keep a diary, to share my thoughts/feelings openly and this is my opportunity to do just that. I'm pretty much a private person. I started a "mememe" post a while back but have yet to finish because it just seems so open - so personal. I understand that is the whole purpose so I need to step out of my comfort zone and finish it and just put it out there.
.
I love to read other's blogs and to be perfectly honest I feel like mine is really really boring compared to others. I came to the conclusion that I was blogging for others and not for myself. I found myself reading my posts and then changing them a million times because I didn't think they were interesting and were boring. I wasn't being true to myself and what I believed in and it bothered me. I actually changed a post and deleted a portion and re-posted. And it was one of the most important parts - about how the Rockies organization is made up of mostly Christians. I guess I didn't want to put out there that I'm in deed a Christian, a church going Christian. Why? I don't know. Maybe I thought it would make me boring. Whatever. I questioned myself yesterday - what is the purpose for my blog? Which is why I wanted to create another - one for my personal posts and one for my cooking/food related posts.
.
Purposes -
MissMissy - an on-line diary of my likes, my dislikes, my family, my thoughts, every day happenings (boring or not).
Missy's Dishes - to share my favorite foods, recipes, cooking dishes, eats, etc.
.
There I did it - I opened up. Not so bad actually.
Off to finish my 8 Things About Me post....

No comments: