Sunday, October 21, 2007

Saturday Wrap Up

The weekend was good.
*Daughter left for Hawaii with her best friend's family. I'll miss her terribly but I know she will have a great time! I heard from her around 3:00 our time that they had made it safely and were heading to the pool.

*Buddy had a soccer game at 10:30. They did really good despite the fact they were down to only 7 players so that meant no subs for the team and they would all have to play the entire game. The other team was a filled with little aggressive, fast guys. It was a great game - had it not been for a couple bad calls - the Green Extreme would have ended in a win - instead we had to settle for a tie.

*I had been researching and pricing new insurance companies for auto insurance now that we have a new driver in the house. I was pleasantly surprised to find that Mercury is great with teen drivers so I tackled the process of switch insurance companies. I'm so happy to have that all taken care of.

*It's a rare occasion when J and I actually have a "date". Saturday night we went to dinner on the recommendation and gift card from our Friends to the Scotch and Sirloin in Ventura. I've lived in Ventura for over 30 years and admittedly have never gone to the restaurant. The view was very pretty. It sits in the Ventura Harbor. The atmosphere was nice - romantic. We were seated right by a window and had a nice view of the harbor.

Prime Rib Soup


Wedge Salad


Scotch Sirloin (J)
Shrimp Scampi (Me)


Self photos not so good.

A nice man must have felt sorry for us and offered to take our picture. : )
I think I made the people around us a little nervous with all my picture taking. I had one lady ask me if I was a food critic.... No, just a lady who rarely gets a night out with her hubby.

1 comment:

Nanette said...

That's great that you two had a rare date night. :)

And we got some funny looks, too, when we took pics of our meals across Italy.