Monday, March 17, 2008

Can you say tired?

I can and I am! This weekend was so incredibly busy but a great one!

Friday

After work I rushed over to the O-Sabi Restaurant where Ash was going to have her birthday dinner with about 17 of her friends. I wanted to be sure the menu was all set up with the owner. It's not cool to have your mom go with you to the party. So I went early to go everything and make sure it was all situated.
After getting everything set for baby girl's party I had an appointment to get my hair cut shorter. I had just had it cut last month but was too chicken to go for the cut I really wanted.
But after seeing this hair cut more and more and loving it more and more I knew I had to do it. I even stalked a lady in Toys R Us just to ask her about her hair and if she loves her cut. She did love it and said it was so easy to style and manage. ding, ding, ding.... just my style! So I called and made another appointment to take it shorter. Next appointment I'll lighten it up even more but for now, I'm so happy I did it!!! I'm definitely no Jenny McCarthy but still am liking. (It's hard to take a good picture of yourself)


Saturday


Opening day for Buddy's baseball. I love baseball season so much. The weather is great, longer days, spending hours at the baseball field. So happy it's finally here! The baseball team had pictures at 10:00am and then their first game at 5:00pm (with the threat of pm rain showers...)


J had team picture duty while I was off to pick up Daughter and her friend from LAX. They had spent the last couple days with her friend's family up in San Francisco. They had a wonderful time! Shopping and sight seeing. They bought sweatshirts from Ed Hardy. They are just too hip. I had no clue who the heck Ed Hardy was. Mom is so not cool.Once I picked them up we were off to lunch and then the Vanilla Bake Shop. Ventura County lacks any type of cupcakery - it's a complete shame. Our plan was to grab a quick bite and then pick up the "babies" I had pre-ordered. We found a CPK near Vanilla Bake Shop so we decided that would be our best bet. Parking SUCKS in Santa Monica!
Ash ordered the featured Penne pasta with a basil pine nut pesto cream sauce, sun-dried tomatoes and Parmesan cheese. With chicken, shrimp or chicken & shrimp (so yummy)


Chels ordered the Chicken Tequila Fettuccine. Spinach fettuccine with chicken, red, green and yellow peppers, red onions and fresh cilantro in a tequila-lime and jalapeƱo cream sauce. Equally yummy!
After lunch we were off to pick up the cupcakes. The girls had never been in a place that specialized in cupcakes - neither had I for that matter. We were in awe especially after I had just read an article about Vanilla Bake Shop in The Nest magazine. The girls were quite impressed. They wanted to try the Icebox Dessert Shots . Ash had the Triple Berry Short Cake and Chels had the Meyer Lemon Tarts. They both oohed and awed over how yummy they were. As we were walking out the door we eyed the "babies" in the case especially the Key Lime (Yellow Butter Cake, Key Lime filling, Creamy Vanilla Frosting, Graham Cracker Crust Crumbles) I had been pretty good not to taste any of the Dessert Shots but that Key Lime was crying out to me. We turned around and ordered three to go. Can I just tell you I was in love with that little cupcake? Seriously, the best ever! We joked for the remainder of the trip home about how good the babies were to eat and other sick jokes about taking shots and eating babies. Of course were referring to the dessert shots and baby cupcakes.


We made it home just in time for me to put something warm on and make it to Buddy's game before the first pitch. It was quite chilly out side - I was so happy to have my Angel jacket and my Angel blanket. The wind started to pick up a bit during the game and we got colder and colder. I'm a big baby when it comes to being cold. I don't like it. It hurts me. The clouds got darker and the threat of rain became more then just a threat. We cheered on our boys and the rain started to fall and as it got colder and colder. Buddy was up and laid down the most perfect bunt ever. No one saw it coming (especially me). It was awesome. That started the rally that eventually led to our win.

It was great! Angels record 1 - 0.


Sunday

I spent most of the day at home doing boring things such as laundry, cleaning and clipping coupons. Most of the day I had chicken in the crock pot with salsa for yummy chicken tacos we had for dinner. Buddy never got out of his pajamas - oh to be 8 again. I made it to the grocery store and saved $78 with my coupons. Came home and started dinners for this week. I know it's going to be a busy week and I like having home cooked meals. I made spaghetti for tonight and will be having taco soup probably on Wednesday.

By the time 9:00 rolled around I was exhausted. I was literally asleep as soon as I hit the pillow!


Have a great week!!!

3 comments:

dapotato said...

so glad you guys loved vanilla bake shop as much as i do!

MissJordyPants said...

I too have been considering going in for a shorter/sharper cut. I heart yours!

Anne K. in L.A. said...

I just tried Vanilla Bake Shop for the first time. Their cupcakes are to die for! I really need to head out there and try their mini-desserts.

BTW, just reading your post made me tired;)