Thursday, March 13, 2008

17 Years Ago Today....

I was pregnant and one day away from my due date. I remember waking up that morning and letting our dog Keisha out. As I turned to go back to bed I felt a trickle. "What the heck? Did my water just break? Oh my gosh!"
Being the (insert sarcastic tone) sweet, kind and loving husband (now ex-husband) he went on to work and told me to call if I was in labor. I was beyond thrilled though, my baby girl was going to be here soon. I had a great pregnancy, felt wonderful and now it was time to meet Ashley. I called the doctor and was told to come in so they could check if what I felt was embryonic fluid and if my water had truly broke. I was so excited. I took a shower, got dressed and was on my way to get checked. Mind you I hadn't felt anything else since the little trickle that morning.

I got to the doctor's office and they checked me out. I was told that my water had not broke and sometimes in the late stages of pregnancy women lose control of their bladders. What the heck? I'm only 22! Oh well, disappointed and sad I went home. Not only was I not going to have my baby this day I can't even control my pee!!!

to be continued......

1 comment:

VCBride2Be said...

How exciting!

[whispering] I can't wait to have a baby [/whispering]