Friday, March 14, 2008

17 Years Ago Today cont'd....

Thursday, March 14, 1991

Even though it's been 17 years I can remember this day like it was yesterday. It was one of the best days of my life.

I woke up that morning and took a shower. Again I felt a trickle, discounting it to nothing more than me not being able control my pee I continued on. And so did the trickle (I'm sorry for the TMI). I continued on getting dressed and thought that maybe this time my water had broke. Yippee!! I called my doctor and once again went in to get checked. They confirmed that I was indeed in labor and I would be having my baby that day!!! March 14th, my due date. I love punctuality. Since I wasn't having contractions they scheduled me to go to the hospital at 1:00pm and take it from there. I called my then husband and told him the news and then called my sister. I was beyond thrilled!

I went home and started getting my stuff together. By this time I had teeny tiny contractions - more of tightening of the stomach. Nothing bad at all. "A" (then husband) got home around 12:30 and we were off to the hospital with my little labor bag in tow.

to be continued.....

2 comments:

VCBride2Be said...

Why are you doing this to us?!

(ha,ha,ha)

Continue, Continue...

MissJordyPants said...

ohhh I'm so excited for the baby story!

I love that you are remembering all the little details. Every year my mom tells me my story when she calls me at 6:25 PM PST. Cracks me up every time.