Friday, March 14, 2008

My Baby Girl

I know it's an old cliche but I can not believe how quickly 17 years has flown by. We've had our "mother/daughter not-so-good moments" but for the most part we have been great friends, she and I have gown up together.


From the beginning, her father and I had a terrible marriage. We were both too young and naive to be married. I knew early on I did not want my baby to see her mom sad and miserable. She was only 6 months old but she gave me the strength to get out of an awful marriage that would have ended sooner or later. I had to be strong for her I didn't want her to grow up thinking her mom was weak and not strong enough to stand up for myself. I didn't want her to grow up seeing her dad treat her mom badly.

I wanted to give her the best life ever. I wanted everything for this sweet baby girl.

(Yikes! I obviously thought BIG permed hair was OK)





Thank you God for Ashley. My baby girl means the world to me.

2 comments:

Anne K. in L.A. said...

I love reading your memoir about Ashley's birth.

Don't worry about the big permed hair. Everyone was guilty of that in the 90s...myself included.

saraphin said...

missy, you must be such an amazing mom! happy bday to your daughter :)