Monday, March 24, 2008

Weekend Wrap Up

Friday
Was Buddy's birthday party. Bowling Party!!!
I had 12 ACTIVE boys ranging in ages between 8 - 10. They all had a great time. Especially the birthday boy. He was in heaven with all of his friends.





He loaded up on gift cards to Target.
One of his favorite gifts was from my sister - an iPod Shuffle. He was so surprised and so excited "I can't believe I have an iPod Shuffle"...
This is the look of - Is this what I think it is??


Saturday
All his gift cards were burning a hole in his pocket so I took him to Target so he could pick up some things. And because it has been such a crazy busy week I had not done any birthday shopping or Easter basket shopping (bad mom) I took notes on what grabbed his attention. After shopping with him I quickly dropped him off with J so I could go back to Target and also hit up Toys R Us to pick up birthday presents and Easter basket goodies. Just like Christmas Stockings, I'm big on Easter baskets.

I dashed in and out of the stores like a mad woman. I only had 2 hours to do everything I needed to do.

Made it home in just enough time to get Buddy all dressed for his game and put on my Angel jersey and we were out the door.
Buddy's team and the team we were playing were both 2-0. This game decided who would be the only team in the division that would be undefeated. What a crazy game. Early on we were down 5 - 1. Our little guys did not give up. The game was back and fourth and the parents were all into it.
Buddy had an awesome hit that started off the rally.
Rally Time!!!


In the bottom of the last inning we were tied up at 10 - 10. We were down to our last out and the batter was at a 2-0 count (2 strikes, no balls). We had a runner on second ready to go. Bless his little heart - the batter hit a home run!!! We won the game 12 - 10. It was awesome. They boys were so excited as were the parents.
I'm so thrilled that we are on this team and I think this season will be a great

After we got home from the game, we put together the baskets and hid the eggs.

Daughter's had gift certificates for a manicure and pedicure, key chain with a
Duncan dog on it,
lip balm ball
and a few other little odds and ends. According to her it was a "Dank Easter basket".


Buddy's was filled with toys

Slim Jims (gross but he loves them) and a few other items. He was so happy with it.
I've always done Easter morning the same way. The kids put out empty baskets by their doors so when they wake up in the morning they have something to put the eggs they find in. I leave a trail of eggs down the hall into the living room where most of the eggs are hidden.

Sunday
Buddy was the first one up of course - it was his birthday AND Easter!! I felt like I had just gone to sleep but I couldn't blame him for being so excited. Daughter has always been so good to get up early and play along finding the eggs. This year though she was so tired (she had worked the night before) she "let" Buddy find and keep all the eggs.
Duncan was a great help.

After finding the eggs and opening the baskets
we made a birthday/Easter breakfast with chorrizo, potatoes, bacon, sausage, and eggs. I think he was thrilled - he declared "I love our family". Precious.
Continuing on with our busy busy weekend my mom and sister came over for a birthday/Easter bbq. J loves to bbq and I love to eat bbq so we are a good team. He made ribs and steaks, I made twice baked potatoes and mom brought a yummy pasta salad. He wanted a lemon bundt cake with lemon frosting for his birthday cake. I present to you the ugliest (but moist and yummy) birthday cake.

He loved it even if it was ugly.
We had to get ready for our next event of the day.


The Laker game!!!!!!
See what I mean about it being a busy weekend??? We left Ventura around 4:30 and made it in record time to the Staples Center.
We got our food and settled in our seats when I noticed that you could text a message to have it displayed up on the jumbo screen. I quickly went to work and within a few minutes

The first half of the game was awful. J is a Laker fan through and through - he said this might have been some of the worst playing he's ever seen. They were down at one time by 27. The second half was much much better. The Laker's defense was back in the game and had only a few turnovers. They were able to catch up and tie it in the last few minutes of the game. We were having such a great time. The darn Warriors shot a couple 3s in the last minute winning the game at 115 - 111. A 4 point deficit is much better than a 27.


All in all it was a great game and a great way to close out the big birthday/Easter weekend.

No comments: