Monday, February 11, 2008

What A Weekend!!

Last week was not a good week - I was sick and busy at work and tired and did I mention sick? I ended up working from home on Friday. I didn't want to subject the office to my continual hacking. It helped so much not having to get out. I had zero energy Friday so we stayed in, ordered a pizza and just relaxed watching movies.

Saturday I was refreshed and had more energy. I made breakfast for buddy before his basketball game. (My poor boy - his team has yet to win a game..... his coaches are the WORST in the world) At least it wasn't a complete blow out like the games beforeWe were playing the 10th placed team (we are the 12th) so it was a little more evenly matched up. He's usually never says anything but this time he said "I can't believe we lost again..." how sad. But 2 minutes later he's happy as a clam - I love him.

After lunch at Baja Fresh - I love the Mango Chipotle Chicken Salad - it's so yummy!And then I was off to get my hair cut. I've been toying with the idea of getting it cut short - I really love Victoria Beckham's hair but didn't really think it would work with my hair because of the wave I have. All the kids are doing it and I'm tired of just putting my hair up in a clip or ponytail. I left it in the hands of Bethanee at Michael Kelly to work her magic and I came away with this not so short doo. (Please excuse the blurry picture...)

We lightened it up a bit and I really like it - but might go back to have it cut a little shorter.

Sunday - I woke up full of energy and loving how it is beginning to feel like Spring. I love Spring - I love the smells and way the air feels. I also love Spring Cleaning. I had hit up Smart and Final the day before and loaded up on cleaning supplies. Never mind the 4 different bottles of Windex, the two different kinds of Lysol cleaner, or the many bottles of Pine Sol... My name is Missy and I am addicted to cleaning supplies.... it could be a lot worse.

I was on fire! I was a lady with a mission. Laundry was done AND put a way. My coupons were cut and my grocery list was made. The house was clean with the fresh scent of bleach (I'm strange - I know this), the kitchen was clean, the bathrooms were sparkling, the rooms were all picked up and I was a happy happy lady. I love clean and I love being organized. I especially love starting off the week this way. It just seems to put everyone (when I say everyone I mean me) in a better mood. Everything has a place. People are not running around looking for their shoes, or socks.

J was also in the cleaning mood (or was trying to stay out of my way) so he washed and cleaned both cars!

What a great way to start off a week!!!!

3 comments:

MissJordyPants said...

LOVE the new haircut! All the kids are doing it :-)

With you as my inspiration, I started on the road to domestication with the closets and the kitchen. Things now have places!

saraphin said...

Sorry you were feeling sick, Missy, hope you're feeling better!

Your haircut looks great! :)

Da Fashionista said...

hearting the hair!!!!