Monday, February 4, 2008

When Did I Become My Mom??

Growing up my mom always had a certain way she liked things to be done (towels folded a certain way, dishwasher loaded a certain way, beds made a certain way, etc.) I never could understand what the big deal was. "Be happy I'm doing it" is what I always thought.


When did I turn into my mom? Either I never noticed I too had a perferred way of doing what seems to be everything or I've slowly been turning into Mama... Sorry Mom - now I understand your frustration!

Folding towels. I have a certain way of folding our towels. This is a perfect size to fit into our shelves. Plus it looks nice. I'm so guilty of sneaking and refolding the towels after someone else has folded them... Soooo my mom...

And now thanks to Tasty Tater Talks I discovered this awesome way to fold sheets and pack them away nice a neat in the pillow case. I quickly had to pass this on to my mom... she loves it!!!


Unmade bed. I hate to crawl into a bed that was not made. I can't stand to leave the house with the bed being unmade. This is definitely something I've had to adjust to being married...
This is so my mom... I never ever used to be like this. When did that happen??


I love my mom and respect her for so much. She raised my sister and I as a single mom and did a terrific job!!! I am actually happy I'm like my mom - she's a wonderful woman!

Hopefully one day my daughter will appreciate and understand my silliness.

1 comment:

dapotato said...

i am so glad you and your mom are enjoying it. i just do the fitted sheets thing, not the whole "put it in a pillowcase" part. ;)