Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Take a Dip.....

French Dip that is. I love basically all foods that you dip, soak or dunk. Topping that list is the French Dip sandwich. I've always wanted to make it but never really found a recipe that struck me. Until yesterday I found this wonderful recipe on a food blog I frequent.

Crock pot French Dip Sandwiches
Source : Crock It Cookbook by Barbara Murray
Serves 4-6

Ingredients

3 lb boneless beef chuck roast
1 pkg Mushroom/onion soup mix
1 10oz can of beef broth + 1 can of water
French rolls or sour dough bread

In a medium bowl whisk together the broth, water and soup mix. Trim any excess fat off of the meat. Add meat to crock pot, then pour broth & soup over it.Cook on low 6-8 hours. Remove meat to a large bowl or plate using a slotted spoon. Use two forks to shred up the meat & remove any excess fat. Toast the bread and make sandwiches with the beef (we added some horseradish to them) serve with a bowl of the au jus from the crock pot for dippin'.

This was so so good. I know we will be having this quite often. I sautéed onions and it was perfection!

No comments: