Saturday, February 16, 2008

Little White Lie....

Baby girl has been fighting off a terrible sore throat for the past few days - she had been fighting going to the doctor. But this morning it had gotten so bad that finally she let me take her to Urgent Care.

They opened up at 9am so I figured we'd be pretty close to the front of the line if we got there when they opened. Wrong! We drove up at 9:10 to find a full waiting room. It was hurting her so bad by this time that she was practically in tears. I walked inside to put her name on the list and found out that we were 10th! While I was filling out the forms the girl that was 5th on the list came up to see how long her wait was - "oh,,, about an hour". A quick calculation on my part determined it would be 2 hours at least until we were seen. Crap!
My girl is in pain - there is no way she is going to be able to make it sitting in this waiting room... (remembering something her dad/my ex had told me) I added that her chest was hurting a bit too. The lady at the front desk looked up and said "bring her on in"... score!!! I hate to lie, I really do but in this case I had to tell a little white lie to get her in. At Urgent Care it is first come, first serve - unless there is dizziness, severe pain, or chest pains.....
15 minutes later we walked out of there with an antibiotic and cough medicine prescription (cough medicine because she must have been coughing so hard that made her chest hurt??).

3 comments:

saraphin said...

a mommy's gotta do what a mommy's gotta, do, missy!

it's a good thing you got her in so quickly. i was in the waiting room at urgent care last week for 2.5 hours and it was a miserable wait. your daughter's lucky she's got a mom that's quick on her feet :)

i hope she feels better!

Nanette said...

I was going to say the exact thing saraphin did!

Anne K. in L.A. said...

I have heard the same thing that your ex told you about emergency room. I'm glad the saw her right away and hope she feels better.