Friday, April 18, 2008

"You're quirky but very cute.."

So timely is the tag by the lovely Jordana. Yesterday morning my husband sent me an e-mail with the title "You're quirky but very cute..". I thank God for him and his patience with me and my million quirks.

Here are the rules to the games.

1. Link the person who tagged you.
2. Mention the rules in your blog.
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours.
4. Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them.
5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger's blogs letting them know they've been tagged.


1. I have to make my bed every morning. I can't stand to leave the house with an unmade bed. I don't care if it makes me late for work or the kids late to school, I hate an unmade bed. This has not always been the case and I'm not quite sure when I picked up this quirk but I have it now. I cringe with the thought of climbing into a bed that has been unmade all day.

2. I'm odd when it comes to my grocery cart. I like to try and have things grouped as I shop. When I unload the groceries on the belt I like to have the frozen items together, cleaning items together, dairy items together - you get the idea. Drives me bananas when I shop with others and they just throw things in my cart. ::shudder::

3. Poultry grosses me out. I love to eat chicken, I cook all the time with it, but I hate to touch raw poultry. I don't know if I'll ever be able to cook a Thanksgiving turkey - it gives me the chills to think of having to clean and prepare it. I like to get the frozen boneless breasts of chicken that are individually frozen so I don't have to touch it.

4. I LOVE the smell of bleach. To me, if it's clean it will have the slight scent of bleach. I love all and probably have all cleaning products that have "with bleach" in the title - Dawn with Bleach, Lysol with Bleach, etc. After I clean and my hands smell a little like bleach - I like that. (yes, I'm very weird). My husband jokes that I'd probably love it if there were a cologne that had a bleach smell - he's right.

5. I hate to be mismatched when it comes to bras and panties. I shudder at the thought of wearing black bra/white undies. It's for no one else but me, it makes me feel pretty. Even if I don't like a particular outfit, as long as I'm matching underneath - it's all good. I won't, I can't buy a bra without buying panties that match.

6. I sleep on my side and have to have a pillow on my head. Just something over my ear actually. I think it all stems from when I was little I had a teddy bear and would sleep with it on my head/ear. I like it to be quiet when I sleep, so a little something on my head helps. Everyone laughs at me, but I don't care - a good night's sleep is when I'm all sandwiched between my pillows. mmmm sweet dreams, nighty night!
I now tag the following little pretties...

2 comments:

Winnie said...

You are so weird.

But I still like you.

Da Fashionista said...

ugh. i LOVE hearing about people's bananas/kryptonite!

poultry=blech for me too and bleach is yummy to me TOO.

i can totally understand 2 and 5. Totally.

My head too likes to feel super duper tucked in at night. I usually have to pull the covers practically over my head. but a pillow sounds like a good idea...