Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Visiting Dad

My sister, Jacob and I flew out early Friday, March 28th. My Brother who lives in Austin also flew out meeting up with us in Tulsa.

My dad had no idea we were coming out to visit. Thinking back, I'm not sure if surprising someone who just got out of the hospital with an accelerated heart rate was the wisest thing to do. Oopps Sorry Dad!


My dad lives in a little tiny town about 2 hours south of Tulsa, Oklahoma with a whopping population of 1,400. In Vian there are no Vons, no McDonalds, no Burger King, nothing. The newest addition to this little town is Subway. They had a grand opening last year and it was all the rage. The nearest town that has anything with a drive-thru is about 20 minutes away -Salisaw. The most exciting thing in this town in the Super WalMart. What makes it so super??


They seriously have a nail salon IN the store....
I seriously was grossed out...


My dad was released from the hospital and was home resting when I called him for our "date". Little did he know I was only 30 minutes away. : ) He was feeling pretty good, just really tired and weak. They had put him through so many tests at the hospital he felt as though he had just ran a marathon. Bless his heart. He didn't know how to react or if he was seeing things when we pulled up.






The property he lives on is roughly 500 acres. It is so quiet, so peaceful and so pretty.
I love this picture of my dad.
He has wild turkey,

deer

(this is taken from his front porch. On the days that it didn't rain we had visitors almost every night.)

and a fishing pond



It rained most of the days we were there - even had a tornado warning one night. The one day it was nice we went fishing. Well, we sat and waited for the fish. They just weren't biting.

Bless Buddy's heart - he was such a patient little fisher man.

We each have our own streets on my dad's property. I have my very own blvd.

Jacob's Junction



Ashley's Acre

Buddy was heaven during the trip. He came back amazed at all he saw - deer, turkey, tadpoles, and hail.

More pictures of dad's land






My Dad's house is filled with pictures of us when we were little up until today.

I made this for him when I was only 7 years old. He has it proudly displayed on his dresser.


(looks like the poor little guy lost part of his arm over the years)
The trip out was such a treasured trip. I'm so thankful we went. And so thankful he's doing so much better.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad your dad is feeling better! It must be nice to be surronded with so much nature.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
saraphin said...

so glad your dad is doing well and that you enjoyed your trip.

your dad's property is AMAZING!!

weezermonkey said...

All that land! And your own boulevard!

So nice that you visited your dad.

Winnie said...

That's great news that your dad is doing better! And you have your own street!!! That's awesome :)

MissJordyPants said...

SO happy to hear that your dad is feeling better.

I'm from a small town not too different from your dad's. Except that our Super Wal-Mart was 45 minutes away and we used to go there every weekend. Dinner at Outback Steakhouse and then to Wal-Mart. I never really considered the ick level of a nail salon between the grocery area and the tire section. But really, not so nice!

Glad that trip was excellent!