Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Sharing Some Exciting News!

I just read on another blog that one of my favorite books will be turned into a movie. I'm so happy - I can not wait to see the movie.

My Sister’s Keeper film news: During a brief visit to the LA set last week I had the pleasure of meeting many of the actors, and watching them work. Cameron Diaz and Jason Patric are brilliantly portraying Sara and Brian Fitzgerald - you’re going to be very impressed. As for the Anna and Kate’s characters, Abigail Breslin and Sofia Vassilieva are such remarkable little actresses that they literally had the entire crew in tears during one particularly emotional scene - an assistant was handing out Kleenex! Kudos to Nick Cassavetes, the very gifted director who is working all this magic. I will be going back to the set soon, meeting the rest of the actors (including Joan Cusack and Alec Baldwin) and will post more about my second visit - I can’t wait!

I just had to pass on this news!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still haven't read that one. Thanks for the news!

AliGoesBlogWild said...

wow! I can't WAIT! I loved that book so much. I don't hate any of the characters and feel for all of them because they're all trying to do the right thing. Cameron Diaz as the mom, though?? Really?? When I think of Cameron Diaz, I think of dirty ditzy party girl. Sara is such a strong character with such a twisted conflict in front of her. I can't imagine Cameron playing a passionate mother. Hmm... what do you think?