Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Go Daddy!

Spoke to dad last night - (in his most southern Oklahoma accent) he told me "The visit went real well, the doctor ran the tests and said I didn't have to come back until next year" Still praying for good results on the PSA test (which he should have in a couple days) but for now everything looks great!
.
Since his episode a few weeks ago, he's stopped smoking. This is HUGE for a man that was smoking 2 - 3 packs a day!!! While Sister and I were visiting we helped convince him that he'd probably need the patch, or pill to help stop.
.
3 weeks today was the last time he had a cigarette. So proud of that man!!!
I'd hug my dad everyday if I could!

4 comments:

weezermonkey said...

Yay for good PSA levels!

Anonymous said...

Props to your Pops!

Winnie said...

Two thumbs up for the effort!

Nanette said...

Awesome news! And super kudos for him giving up the nasty habit!