Monday, April 14, 2008

Miss Missy's Weekend

This weekend was great! The weather was hot but I love it when it's hot. I would take a day over 100° before I'd take a day in the 40°'s. I hate to be cold - love to be hot.

Woke up early Saturday morning, and opened all the windows, hung all the rugs outside to air out and piddled around the house until it was time to head out to Buddy's game.
The game was great!!! It was a nail biter but they won!! Woo Hoo! I have to brag a bit... Buddy has the best batting average on the team. The boy hit 3 of the 4 times he was up on Saturday. Before baseball season started he had serious reservations about wanting to play this year. He was moving up in division so it was scary for him. He thought he wouldn't be able to hit off the pitchers... silly boy! So proud of my little Buddy.
Jay worked a bit out in the garden getting it somewhat ready to plant. Our little garden area has been neglected so it's a complete weed patch.

This sign should read weed patch instead of tomato patch.



Sunday was another gorgeous day! I woke up early and took Duncan for a walk before church.

He loves to go on walks - I can not even look at my tennis shoes without him going crazy. I feel so bad sometimes when I just don't have time for a walk - I'll put my shoes on outside so he doesn't see me.


Picture of Daughter and Duncan

Daughter is gorgeous as usual - Dunan is not up for a photoshoot.

After lunch we headed over to Lowes to pick up plants for the garden. We aren't quite ready to plant yet. The ground needs to be broke up and topsoil added.
J worked had turning our little weed patch into an almost garden.
Looking so much better!Some of the plants waiting to be planted.




While J worked in the garden I picked avacados. We have two trees that are full of this tasty fruit.
These babies are just waiting to be turned into guacamole!

3 comments:

weezermonkey said...

I love guacamole! Mmm!

Winnie said...

So jealous that you have avacados in your backyard. Those little things are ridiculously expensive here :(

Da Fashionista said...

ymmers to guac!!!

yay to a beautiful daughter and a batting machine boy!

kiss!