Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Miss Missy is a Dork

Yesterday I had read all over the Internet about Baskin Robbins $.31 scoop night.

Join us for 31 Cent Scoop Night at Baskin-Robbins®and help us honor
America’s firefighters.Participating stores will reduce prices of small
ice cream scoops to 31 cents.* At some locations, you may also have an
opportunity to make a donation to your local fire charities.

What a great deal and for a good cause! I was all over that!

Last night buddy and I had to go shopping for a suit for his school musical - he looks so cute in it I could eat him with a spoon! After shopping we stopped for a quick bite and then I had the brilliant plan of getting our grub on at 31 flavors for the $.31 scoop. We ate and I even spread the word to a nice couple sitting next to us about the good deal. I figured it would be pretty busy so I warned buddy we might have to wait in a line. As we drove up, to our surprise it wasn't really crowded - Score!!! There were a few people in line but not as many as I had expected. The general population didn't know what I knew about the good deal. Ha! Suckers!

While we were standing in line I noticed the sign.... Crap! The $.31 scoop isn't until the next day. What a loser I am. And those poor people I told at dinner - they were all excited too. As long as we were there we ordered up two child scoops only to find out that it was $1 Scoop Tuesday! Well in that case make it two regular scoops!!! Woot Woot! Maybe I didn't get my $.31 scoop but I felt a little better with the $1 scoop.

How much is buddy hating taking this picture?? Can you see the little bit of Chocolate Fudge Brownie on his lip??

So tonight - April 30th get your ice cream on!!!

4 comments:

AliGoesBlogWild said...

oh missy, i don't blame you for your ice cream confusion. the day you thought it was .31 BR ice cream, it was actually ben & jerry's free scoop night. Two cheap/free ice cream events at two different brands two days in a row! no wonder it got confusing. you need an assistant to keep track of your ice cream deal days. i'm sure it tasted yummy regardless!

weezermonkey said...

You and Buddy are adorable. The things we do for free ice cream!

Da Fashionista said...

i heart nerds and their babies.

Winnie said...

Ha! I love buddy's expression. Yay for ice-cream!