Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving...

And I have so much to be thankful for.

My dad is such a wonderful dad. I am so thankful that I still have him. He has had many brushes with death including a heart attack 11 years ago ~ he amazed everyone when he made a full recovery. He's survived prostate cancer. I'm very thankful for every day I have with my dad. We have a standing "date" every day at 5:00. I call him on my way home from work (he's in Oklahoma) and we chit chat about everything - news, weather, how Uncle Earl is, the kids, etc.

My mom is a wonderful wonderful lady. She has dedicated her whole life to me and my sister. She has such a warm and loving heart. She's a preschool teacher and is loved by all her students and their parents. I am so incredibly blessed to have her as my mom and my friend. She's a wonderful Grandma to Buddy and Daughter. She dotes on them and would do anything for them.

My loving husband, my wonderful sister, my two beautiful children(Daughter & Buddy), my dear dear friends (many I have had since grade school), my Duncan dog.

I don't take anything for granted. I know I'm blessed and am so thankful for everything I have and the people in my life.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!!!

3 comments:

~ Jolene said...

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family as well. I'm so happy your father is a surrvivor of cancer. That's so wonderful. I look forward to reading...

Nanette said...

Awww, I love your standing date with your dad! I use my commute home as the perfect time to catch up with my mom, too.

Happy Turkey Day!

Nanette said...

Ooooh, and I just saw your post about Biggest Loser. I totally cried, too! I cried when Kae's husband saw her during the makeover and when Kae's mom was crying. Soooo cute!