Monday, November 19, 2007

Weekend in Review

This was the first weekend in a long time that we didn't have to get up early for soccer. It was nice to be able to have a Saturday with nothing to do. And that was exactly what we did - nothing.... It was really nice. The weather was grey and a little chilly (for Southern California).

Friday night we kept with our what seems to be a Friday night ritual and went to the movies. We saw Mr. Magoriums. It was a cute movie. Not the best but cute. Before the show we ran into our old neighbors which was great! We hadn't seen them since our wedding so it was nice to catch up with them. They have a 3 - almost 4 year old that I adore. Ever since he could talk he's called me "neighbor". And he's "baby neighbor" to me. I was so excited to see them and catch up. They just bought a house so we were able to hear of their newest escapades. Of course they won't have great neighbors as they used to. : )
Saturday was a whole lot of nothing which was just fine with me!!! Our big outting was to Costco - mainly to pick up our peanut oil for the frying of our turkey... The best way to make a turkey in my book. We were good and didn't come home with too much that wasn't on our list. Later that night we bbq'd steak and I made my buddy's favorite Twice Baked Potatoes.

Sunday we did just about the same. Cleaned house and watched a bit of football. Buddy is going to play basketball - they held try-outs yesterday and he made it!!! Yay! Well, actually I think all kids make it but I thought it was cute when buddy stole the ball J yelled "Yea!!!"... it was cute but probably inappropriate being there were a couple girls on the other team. oops. He was just in the moment. He loves basketball - even the smell of the gym (gross) so he was beyond thrilled watching Buddy out on the court.

Later that night I made Chinese food. I have to pat myself on the back for this one... it was quite the meal and a lot of work but it was so yummy!!!! And then Buddy and I made sugar cookies while Daughter snuck cookie dough.

I'm a blessed lady with such a wonderful husband and children.

1 comment:

Nanette said...

Fried turkey and twice baked potatoes? YUM!

[running to look up directions to Miss Missy's house]