Monday, November 5, 2007

Weekend Happenings

Saturday - started very very early with a soccer game at 8:00am. This was the first to two playoff games we had that day. They won both games!!! Buddy even had a goal in the second game which was a nail biter. I can not sit during the games - I'm usually pacing the sidelines cheering my little guy on. The game was so tight and we scored in the last few minutes to win! We have a very tough game next Saturday against the #1 seeded team in the division, the Evil Leprechauns. If we win or tie on Saturday, we will advance and play another game on Saturday. Very exciting!!!

Big Bang Theory - No, not the t.v. show - Me! after I got my hair cut. I have not had bangs in so long. I'm still getting used to them but it's a nice change. The good thing about a hair cut is if you don't like it - it will grow back - it's not permanent.

The rest of Saturday was spent not doing too much. Cooking and cleaning (what a good little wife/mommy). I made a yummy broccoli cheese soup and an OK banana bread. This would have been a lot better had I followed the recipe. Ooops!

Sunday - aaahhhh time change!!! I'm not one that can sleep in. Sleeping in to me is 8:30. So imagine my surprise when I woke up at 9:00! And better yet I gained an hour - because it was 8:00 because of the time change. It's the little things that get me excited. We all went to breakfast (my mom, sis, Daughter, Buddy, J and me) to a little place right around from our house. The food was good but the company was great! I'm so close to my family - I consider myself so lucky and so blessed to have the kind of relationship I do with them.

The rest of the day I finished up the cleaning and *ugh* grocery shopping. I actually don't mind this - I'm strange I know. But I am a coupon shopper and once upon a time I would spend quite a bit of time clipping, organizing and shopping AND enjoy it.

Made dinner, watched Princess Bride (all time favorite) with Buddy, watched Brothers and Sisters ( I love this show!!!) and then it was time for bed!

I LOVE Sunday nights when my house is clean, laundry and grocery shopping has been done.

Not too much of an overly exciting weekend but a weekend filled with exciting things.

No comments: