Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Wait...It's November?

"Time flies when you are having fun", "Where did the time go?", "Every year goes by quicker". These are all such lame sayings but oh so true. This morning I went to change the calendar in my office now that we are in a new month... To my surprise I found this

I didn't even change the calendar last month!! Where the heck did October go? Halloween is already over? And Thanksgiving is 2 1/2 weeks away? Really? Don't get me wrong, I love Thanksgiving, the food, the time together with family and of course the "day after shopping" but wasn't it just August? Wasn't it just Summer?

Today my friend D's daughter turns 7! Seven people! Another stupid but true saying "Why I remember that day as if it was yesterday". I do remember the day she was born - I was blessed to be there when she came into the world. I remember that morning, finding out she was in labor and high tailing it to the hospital to be there when little D was born. But has it really been seven years? Time seriously has flown!

I spent most of 2007 planning our June wedding, so it's not surprising that I was "preoccupied" for half the year. But to actually lose a year is crazy!!! My birthday was in June (2 weeks before the wedding) and I turned 39. Either I considered it uneventful or I was in denial - I missed it. I have been thinking this whole time I was 38. When a friend of mine turned 40 recently it made me think... "wait - how old AM I?" This is 2007, I was born in 1968 - Holy crap! I'm 39! Where did that year go to? Unfortunately, life does not slow down. No matter how much we moan and groan. It keeps going. "Make the most of every day"- is also a saying but not a stupid one.

No comments: