Friday, November 30, 2007

I Finally Did It!!!

After writing yesterday about how I needed to get my lazy behind to the DMV and finally get my name changed - it made me even more determined to do it. So I did it!!!

I was totally dreading it after my attempt last month - I walked in to find a line that lasted for days (I left because I did not feel like waiting). So I was fully prepared this morning for an hour or even two hour wait. I decided I'd try a different DMV in the next little town over - only about a 10 minute drive (the same DMV that Daughter took her drivers license test). It was TOTALLY worth it. I arrived with only one person in front of me - took my number at 8:29am.



Was called about 10 minutes later - got my picture taken, they handed me my temporary license and I walked out of there at 8:50! Why did I put that off for so long!!!! Now I can mark that off my list.
Now I just need to get my name changed at the bank so I can order checks.....
******Update on our work computers*****
Although the IT guy has done wonders I still don't have e-mail - BUT I don't have to wait 20 minutes after opening a file in Word....

No comments: