Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day

Late Mother's Day post. Stayed home yesterday to take care of baby girl who was home sick with the stomach flu. Bless her heart. I hate to see her sick but love the days I can take care of and dote all over her.

Mother's Day was great! J went to Irvine to be with his mom so Sister, Mom, the kids and I headed to Sage Brush Cantina for brunch. I can't believe it had been 10 years ago since the last Mother's Day we were there. It was a nice brunch.

Baby girl is so tall and my mom is a little shorty.
Love this boy so much!
My mom's pride and joy

Me and mom

After eating, Daughter, Buddy and I were trying to decide what to do the rest of the day. Daughter was kind of in the mood for a movie but the only two that were suitable for the whole family were Speed Racer and Iron Man. Buddy and I had already seen them which are both very good and we didn't mind seeing either one of them again. We couldn't all decide on a movie so Daughter had the great idea of going to Fire Fly. It's a fun little place where you can paint your own pottery. Great idea!

Both picked out what they wanted to paint. Daughter picked out a perfect pasta bowl to paint for me(I've been wanting one for so long but could never find one in the colors I liked)
and Buddy picked out at claw, talon type thing. It's a boy thing I guess....
They worked so hard on their pieces.


And the final products before they are glazed and go into the kiln...

Buddy's claw thingy

And sweet Daughter's plate for me.


We were there for a couple hours and will be able to pick up the pieces on Sunday. I can't wait. They always look so different when they have been all glazed and fired.


After our painting expedition we went home to BBQ.


It was such an awesome day. I loved spending time with my babies. I'm such a lucky mom.
Why are we all three looking at different things???

4 comments:

Winnie said...

Cute photos. What a cute family. Your daughter has nice writing!

weezermonkey said...

So much cuteness! :)

venn said...

Y'all are seriously the beautiful people.

10yearstogether said...

Sounds like the ideal Mother's Day! I love the idea of the pottery painting place too. Beautiful family and it's so nice to read about one that gets along so well.