Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Motivation

I have had the idea to post my weight and exercise goals here so I'm held accountable and have motivation to make my goals. Cute little missjordypants had the same idea . So, I've listed my goals and my exercise log to the right so I am encouraged to continue on.

I've been walking everyday now for 3 weeks. I'm really happy I started doing this. It kills me to get up in the morning at 4:45 but I feel so much better when I'm done. It definitely helps to have a walking partner. It forces me to get up and get out there.

I've never been driven by my weight, but more on how my clothes fit and how I feel about myself. 123lbs and a comfortable size 4 seems to be the weight where I feel the best. That's where I was before I got pregnant with Daughter (gulp 17 years ago) and that's where I was when I got married last year.

So now it's out there. This will help me stick to it (I hope)
This was taken last year in Puerta Vallarta. This is where I want to be again - ideal weight, all tan and margarita in hand!

9 comments:

MissJordyPants said...

YAAAAAAAAAH! Good luck to you. And me. :-)

venn said...

Now I'm convinced your kids are adopted or were dropped by the stork. No way in H-E-Double-Hockey-Sticks did you bear children.

Anonymous said...

Go, Missy! You can do it! But, seriously, you are fab as you are.

weezermonkey said...

I have not been 123 since college.

You are incredible.

Winnie said...

Wow.

Once again . . . are you sure you've had TWO kids? Really?

AliGoesBlogWild said...

whatever, woman. you're a milf! but we're rah-rah-ing you on anyway!

AliGoesBlogWild said...

oh and when i say "milf," i don't really mean ME as the subject part of the "i" in the acronym, because, well, i have an almost-husband and all, but you know what i mean.

Da Fashionista said...

You look WAY hotter than I ever did in Puerto Vallarta. Yum :)

Love love love motivating each other!

kiss,
D

10yearstogether said...

Good luck to you! It's all about baby steps and working up to harder and more challenging workouts. I love group classes and group activities to help keep in shape. Also, if you haven't tried yoga, I'd look into that. It really help me tone up, surprisingly!