Monday, January 7, 2008

What I Did This Weekend

This weekend was filled with fun and not so fun and not even close to fun...

Fun - Buddy started basketball. He's played soccer and baseball for many years but this was his first time at basketball. It was absolutely the cutest thing ever (at least I thought so). Many of the kids have never played basketball and an official game for that matter. I loved watching him play. Sadly, the teams were not evenly matched up and we lost by quite a bit - at one time the score was 18 to 1 (us having the "1).

Regardless of the score - Buddy still had a good time and I think he won't mind all the running at practice anymore now that he got a taste of what the game is really like. He was only one of the kids to shoot AND make two free throws. I was so proud!

Not so fun - I took down and put away all the Christmas decorations. I love decorating my Christmas tree but because I have so many ornaments - it makes putting everything away a long and tedious job.


Duncan helped....



Not Even Close to Fun - we are in an older house and the plumbing is terrible. This weekend the two bathroom sinks wouldn't drain. We had the plumber out twice without any luck. So today they are coming back out to replace piping. So not fun. We have been without sinks for two days. We have to brush our teeth in the kitchen sink - buddy commented that we are living "like hobos"...

Fun - Daughter found out that she landed her first job. Yay!!! I'm so excited for her. She has been wanting to work as a hostess at a popular steakhouse where we live and found out yesterday she got the job! So happy for her!

Not so Fun - Daughter's first day of work is today and they require the employees to wear Hawaiian shirts. We found out last night at 5:00. So we split up and went on the hunt for a Hawaiian shirt in January... in the pouring rain. Not an easy task but we found one at the men's department of Macy's.

Not Even Close to Fun - part of my search was a trip to Ross Dress for Less. Did I mention it was pouring rain???

No comments: