Monday, December 3, 2007

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree...

I love, love, LOVE decorating our Christmas tree. Every year it's a walk down memory lane for me. My mom started a wonderful tradition for my sister and me when we were very little. Every year she would buy us an ornament, one that signified the events of that year. When I moved out my mom had all my ornaments nicely boxed and ready for me to put on my tree. Keeping with this tradition I've started a box of ornaments for Daughter and Buddy. Both have quite a set accumulating. Every ornament on our tree means something to us.

Daughter's "Baby's First Christmas"


Buddy's "Baby's First Christmas"

This weekend was time to decorate the tree. We put on a Christmas movie - this year was the Elf. Daughter has never seen it so we enjoyed watching the movie and decorating the tree together. Well, she sat there while I reminisced about every ornament... "awww I remember this one"... "oh, I got this when I was pregnant with you"... "Baby's First Christmas... oh how cute!". I've been collecting the Hallmark's Mary's Angels before she was born.

Her collection

This is the first one I bought back in 1990.

The tree turned out very pretty - it looks much better at night all lit up.


It's more than a Christmas tree - it's more like a memory tree.

1 comment:

Nanette said...

Beautiful post and beautiful tree!