Wednesday, December 19, 2007

A Gingerbread House for Santa

A few weekends ago Buddy saw this at Michael's and thought it would be so much fun to make.... I really tried to "direct" his attention elsewhere but he had his heart on making this - for Santa.

That's all he had to say and my heart melted.

This past weekend he wanted to make it. We had to do it in stages 1) so the icing can dry and 2) because mama was tired!

First step was to put the sides up with icing. The directions said to make it thick like toothpaste.... It so didn't look pretty.
Next day we put all the goodies on the house to make it look like a real gingerbread house. I amazed my son with my decorating skills - I made the icing how I wanted to not like toothpaste. Put it in a Ziploc bag and cut a hole and piped it on. Thank you Sandra Lee.

We both worked so hard on his house - he was so pleased. He just knew Santa would really like the house.

And he added his finishing touches - his little Mighty Bean toys. "perfect"!


1 comment:

Anne K. in L.A. said...

KBlogstalker here... Just wanted to say points for you for being a super cool working mom. Buddy is a lucky kid.

What is it with kids and gingerbread? My nephews have been dying to make a Gingerbread house since Halloween.