Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Ketchup....

A daddy tomato, momma tomato, & baby tomato were walking down the road. Baby tomato kept falling behind. Momma tomato turned around, smacked him, & said, “ketchup!”

Which is what I need to do. Catch Up!!!

It's been a long times since I've posted anything. Mainly because I've been busy with work and life and also because I don't really have anything exciting to write about. I was just going through my camera downloading pictures and realized I hadn't shared these....

Phone call from Daughter
Daughter: Uh, mom - I was making some hot chocolate in the microwave and it started to smoke and stinks really bad.
Me: Why, honey? Did you accidentally leave a spoon in the cup???(thinking - please say "No")
Daughter: No, there was a little metal on the cup and I didn't think it would do anything.
Me: (thinking) What cup do we have that has a little metal....

I got home and checked out the microwave... yea, it's messed up (but thankfully still works)... check trash to see what cup she was talking about....

a little metal????? oh daughter....


This past weekend I went to a little Christmas Craft thing my ex-mother in law does every year. I'm still very very close to this side of the family. I've known them for over 20 years now and they have always been so good to me and still consider me part of the family. I'm very very blessed to have them in my life. This party started off many years ago to be a get together and finish our Christmas cards and any crafts we might be working on and need help. Some of the sisters are extremely talented and crafty. Now the party has turned into more of a get together to eat and chit chat. And also to get craft help if we need it. One of the cousins brought some of her work to sell.


This is a thumb print with little antlers. Cute way to make a card.


On a whim we decided to paint the wall in our dining room red. I've been wanting to do this for so long. I found this color as my inspiration -


J mixed the color at work and in a couple hours the wall was red. I love it!
Before
During
After - I love it.

Buddy is getting to the age where he's questioned Santa a couple times. Kids at camp and school sometimes bring up the fact that there is no Santa - but he defends Santa's existence every time. This year he received a letter from Santa and he was thrilled!! He wanted to send him a Thank You card so he worked hard on this.

I've done some Christmas shopping but really need to finish. I'm having a hard time figuring out what to get J.
I need to get running - the Gas Co. just left (they were here lighting the pilot light in the heaters) Yay for warmth!!!! Maybe I'll sneak some shopping time in before I head to work. ; )

No comments: